Clinton Campaign Jumps the Shark and Should Leave the Building

Does anyone still want Hillary Clinton for V.P. after this bombshell?



Call me old-fashioned, but I'm still a big believer in Freudian slips. And with the Clinton track record and her Sopranos knock-off commercial, I can't regard her remarks as mere silliness. Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist if you like, but there's no room in civil political discourse for a response like this. The reporter asked, "Why [have people tried to push you out of the race since Iowa]?" Rather than consider something plausible, Clinton faulted the media, saying historically it made no sense to push a candidate out before June and then cited the RFK assassination as justification.

Even in the best light, the explanation is irresponsible and, forgive me Clinton supporters, incredibly idiotic. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't stomach the thought of a presidency with Dana Quail, Jr. second in command...

...or the Ralph Nader of 2008.



I have already highlighted numerous other missteps of Senator Clinton's campaign, but none so egregious, so over the top, so incredibly divisive as her most recent gaffe. Please, everyone, for the sake of the Party, join together. Put an end to the candidacy of a politician whose actions serve only to tear us apart. Urge party leaders to dance Hillary off the stage, quickly, quietly, but forcibly, while she still retains a portion of her dignity.

It's over, folks, it's over. She fought the good fight, but she's done.