Six Unimportant Things Tagging Me

Social networks are a blast. The great Yahoo social network, MyBlogLog, is where I not only promote my own blather, but sometimes find real gems among the articles of my contacts.

Jewel has a tag game going on, started by friend, Lauren, whose cat Leo meows like every other cat I've ever known. Leo can open doors, which is pretty cool. Lauren was tagged by Barbara, who was tagged by Karyne, and well, you can see where this is going.

When I was a spry young thing, I loved playing tag. Since Jewel opened this game to the masses, I'm jumping right in.

Like any good game, this one has rules:

1. Share six unimportant things about yourself
2. Link back to the person who tagged you.
3. Post these rules on your blog.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry (or open it up to anyone, like me and Jewel).

This is so random, I don't know where to start. Wait. Yes, I do.

1. I know all the lyrics to Dynamo Hum by heart.

2. When I don't want to do something that has to get done, I procrastinate until I can't afford to delay one second more, then stick with the task until it's finished either by actual completion or deadline.

3. My favorite place to eat Thrasher's french fries is the boardwalk in Ocean City. I'll smother a large bucket in vinegar and salt (no ketchup allowed), then pop them in my mouth one at a time watching the people walk by until my stomach feels like a lead weight and the thought of a fried potato makes me want to hurl.

4. Up until last year, I owned a plant that had thrived under my care for more than thirty years. The woman who gave it to me found it as a young stick, planted it, and watched it sprout leaves. I watered it regularly, re-potted it several times, and periodically fed it plant food. Over time, its leaves started to turn brown and curly at the ends. Slowly, it became an eyesore. One day, I up and decided that was the end. Putting it out of its misery was better than torture.

5. When I was little, I had a huge collection of stuffed animals. I often had pretend conversations with them, carried a different one around with me, and slept with my favorite ones until my teens. When my cousin came to visit, we'd play animal hospital, a game of my own invention. Naturally, we were the doctors. We'd powder and diaper them, wrap ace bandages around their limbs, and stick them in slings. Over the years, I pared down the collection, but never had the heart to give them all away. My children lost interest in them by the age of five. Many are still stored downstairs in my basement.

6. Much to the chagrin of family members, I love to dance at concerts, get rowdy at football and basketball games, and become inebriated at parties.

Wow. That was cathartic. My load has been lightened. Tag, you're it. Now get busy!

Update: About a half hour after I published this article, I found the following Twittervision from temptalia in California.



Kind of freaky, no? I don't know anyone named Roselyn.