Crowds Flock to Cult of Obama in Battle for Texas and Ohio

I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told. I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles such are promises. All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...
If you believe in magic come along with me. We'll dance until morning, just you and me and maybe, if the music is right, I'll meet ya tomorrow so late at night...
I see the world, feel the chill. Which way to go, windowsill? I see the words on a rocking horse of time. I see the birds in the rain...
Yeah, but even if, honey, I told you daddy now. You wouldn't believe me anyway, no, no, no. Maybe you will now. I've changed a lot somehow. Let me do what I say...
With nods to Simon and Garfunkel, John Sebastian, Pearl Jam, and Janis Queen of R&B, in that order, themes of belief, hope, magic, and change have long held a special place in the hearts of Americans.

Now Barack Obama rides a wave of popular immortalization. Last night on Nightline, el Lay columnist Joel Stein spoke of the "Cult of Obama" as the program compared this political phenom to craze propelled Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, and yes teeny boppers, Hannah Montana. Can he live up to the hype? Can anyone?

I can't wait to see the line outside the Thompson Conference Center tomorrow. Maybe the masses will start lining up tonight.

Obama has racked up impressive victories throughout the land, a perfect 11-0 since the Super Tuesday Tossup. Billary continues to battle from against the ropes, badly bloodied and limping toward the Texas and Ohio primaries. FYI, Vermont and Rhode Island also head for the polls on March 4th, but no one seems much to care. To the larger amount of delegates goes the glory.

Meanwhile, official murmurs of "down for the count" begin to emanate from the press. Dare we dream this little shoestring budget of a blog is more widely read than imagined? I understand the whole "great minds think alike" thing, but lately, the amount of idea grabbing on the Internet is veritable cause for pause. More about this, ahem, another time.

As the press makes hay from Obama's roll in Wisconsin and Hawaii, I remain as confused as everyone else about the Washington State primary. This much is clear, however, yesterday's outcome is largely symbolic. Nary a word from the national news media on the subject which is why the general public thinks only two states voted. Pity. The outcome in Washington State comprises Obama's 11-0 tally, meaning the true number of successive wins deserves a serious do-over. One would think more journalists would care.

Getting back to themes of dreams, belief, once in a lifetime, directions, change, and political fluff, here's some flotsam from BETH Productions that kind of hits the spot. Election 2008 just cast Obama in the part of Troy. Casting for the part of Sharpay are still in negotiations.

...but if you get lost and lose yourself, what does it really mean...