Celebrity Supporters of L. Ron Hubbard's Study Technology

Tom Cruise

Drawing on the experiences that touched his life, award-winning actor Tom Cruise has shown a dedication for helping others in need. His areas of contribution range from mentoring and education to detoxification of rescue workers suffering from toxic exposure at Ground Zero.

Tom is the co-founder of the 911 New York Firefighters' & Rescue Workers' Detoxification Program, which uses the Hubbard Detoxification Protocol. Co-founding the first facility and covering costs for many of the patients doing the program, he is engaged in raising money to establish an additional five clinics around New York.

As for his work in education, Tom is an activist and global ambassador for Applied Scholastics International. His work includes helping Applied Scholastics establish their 100-acre international teacher training institute and headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.

As well, Tom's relentless support of the Hollywood Education & Literacy Project (HELP) has changed the lives of more than 5,000 young people. For his work as a mentor for youth and as a Founding Board Member of HELP, Tom was honored by the National Mentoring Partnership with their Excellence in Mentoring Award in 2003.

Tom's story:

“When I was about seven years old, I had been labeled dyslexic. I would go blank, feel anxious, nervous, bored, frustrated, dumb. All through school and well into my career, I felt like I had a secret.

“I was introduced to the writings of L. Ron Hubbard… and everything fell into place. I had a lot of catching up to do, but that was it! I realized I could absolutely learn anything that I wanted to learn.

“I don't want people to go through what I went through. I want kids to be able to solve life's problems.”



About Applied Scholastics About Study Technology



A culture is only as great as its dreams, and its dreams are dreamed by artists. — Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard