Patrick Swayze sets the record straight


After many tabloids spread the rumor late last week that Patrick Swayze�s cancer was generalized and that he couldn�t walk anymore, the 56 year old actor felt the need to set the record straight on his condition by giving an exclusive interview to People magazine:

�Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive disease and from the moment I was diagnosed, I knew I was in for the fight of my life. It�s a battle, and so far, I�ve been winning. I�m one of the lucky few that responds well to treatment.

It�s upsetting that the shoddy and reckless reporting from these publications cast a negative shadow on the positive and good fight I�m fighting. For me, my family, and those close to me, it amounts to downright emotional cruelty. That makes me angry when hope is so precious.�

He also points out that if he left the set of The Beast, on which he�s currently working, it�s not because he can�t walk anymore, but because it was the holidays. As in Thanksgiving.

And he�s obviously thanking his fans for their love and support. The bottom line of what he�s saying is: �don�t believe the hype�.