That's Not a Cocktail - It's a Live Blogger at the Politics Online Conference

Talk about a long day. It's after 11:00 p.m. and I'm bushed. But I did say I would blog about the Politics Online Conference after the cocktail party. I can't very well go back on my word.

That must have been some cocktail party if it's now past 11:00 p.m., right? Not exactly. I finally tracked down the elusive Joshua Levy. We had a riveting political debate and exchanged friendly banter. Still trying to get that interview. Maybe we will connect more tomorrow.

I also sauntered over to Gregory Ensell, Manager of Government and Public Affairs for Cox.com, to introduce myself. I don't know, there was something about him that seemed to scream across the room, "I'm a fun guy. Lots to say. Come talk to me."

He was and I did. Don't know about him, but I had a blast. We discussed everything from The Wire, to Ayn Rand, to a guy who looked exactly like Tim Robbins, to tussling with a well-known radio and cable personality in the sixth grade. Gary...erm...I mean Greg is a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor (pardon my inability to remember names - I'm fabulous with faces, terrible with names). I'm so looking forward to reading his personal blog. Sorry, no link. I don't think Greg wants the publicity.

Anyway, the cocktail party ended around 8:00 p.m. It took all this time to drive back to my hosts' house in Silver Spring, eat dinner and unwind. Tomorrow I must be back up and at 'em at the crack of dawn. The networking breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m. and as I said earlier, I have a keen interest in the "Best Practices" paper being presented by Tony Winders.

Yes, I did attend one seminar at 3:30 p.m. I also interviewed James Kotecki, the vlogger from Politico. That article will have to wait. It's so late and I still have much to do before I retire. I'll be lucky to complete the article about the seminar before dozing off at my laptop.

For the record, the conference is excellent. Well-prepared panelists. Informative topics. New media celebrities. It would be nice to relax and enjoy all the offerings as an employee of a larger political operation; however, I am here as a blogger and a rogue one at that. My mission is to blog as much as possible, wherever and whenever possible, and I take my shots where I find them.

Right now, I'm taking a shot at a world's record for lack of sleep as a live blogger at a two-day conference. Go figure.