Hurry Up and Wait

9:32 a.m. Plenary conference address. "Pervasive Politics: How Ubiquitous Technology Will Change Politics." This should be good.

9:35 a.m. Still waiting. Schedule for 9:30 a.m., but I guess they're running slightly behind. The room itsn't quite full either. What can one expect? People are probably still eating breakfast.

The spread looked quite good and included smoothies. Starbucks coffee. I couldn't ask for any better.

9:38 a.m. Who are these people? I know absolutely no one by pure face recognition. Okay, maybe one or two. But so far, I'm alone in a world of the connected. They have booths set up in the back. Nice. I'll try to stop by for the swag.

9:40 a.m. This is getting a bit ridiculous. How will we ever break at 11:00? Either they'll cut back the opening or scheduled down time.

9:42 a.m. Oh good, they're taking the stage. Let the opening begin