Taylor Hicks turns concerts into fundraisers for tornado victims

I got this in my email the other day. If you're in the area or going to the concert, please try and help out. Thanks!

"Just wanted to touch base and let ya'll know that I am heading to Alabama and I have teamed up with American Red Cross to help our neighbors in need following last week’s severe weather outbreak in Alabama and Georgia. You all know I'm originally from Alabama and I want to do my part in helping those affected by the devastating tornadoes. The Enterprise and Adamsville communities in Alabama were hit hardest by tornados that claimed 8 lives, and destroyed homes and property including Enterprise High School.

My two Birmingham concerts (March 10th and 11th at the Alabama Theater), will serve as venues for Red Cross staff and volunteers to collect donations. Volunteers will collect donations before, during and after the concert benefiting the tornado relief operation in Alabama. Donations can also be made Saturday afternoon at 12:45 while I am visiting Laser’s Edge in Homewood, Alabama. Just look for the Red Cross volunteers and help in assisting our state in this recovery effort."

Thanks!