are us bold chicks natural?



"So Hi Belle, Im a follower of your blog and have been a natural on and off for years. I wear my hair like yours...in varying degrees of semi baldness...sometimes shiny bald, otherwise cropped on the sides...and sometimes a little length on the top so I can wear my mohawk..
I was talking to a long haired natural the other day and she told me that i was a bald head....not a natural because I barely have any hair on my head. What do you think of her statement. My hair is natural. I co wash just like the long haired girls...i seal with oil and probably pay more attention to my scalp than long haired women.
Aren't i a natural too?"




In a word YES! Just because you choose to wear your hair low makes you no less natural! You have the hair that god intended. If you do not put chemicals to change your hair you are natural!
It saddens me that we have begun to catagorize the lenght of our hair to prove how natural we are! The same goes for hair typing which is a complete waste of time. Does your friend do twist outs? I could argue that she is not natural as she is trying to emulate the texture of our looser curled sisters. Wash and goes with gel could be seen as the same thing! When we start to segregate within our natural community what is the point!
You are natural as am i, no matter how much hair we have on our heads.



natural


natural


natural



natural



natural



natural



natural



natural



natural