I'm Baa-aack, Again, for Now

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how many visitors peruse this blog despite the fact it has been dormant since last July, and before that, for two years. In a way, I feel badly for people dropping by to read old gossip/news. What on earth must they be thinking?

Well gee, duh, I thought Aniston got dumped over three years ago already? Olympic speedo? Aren't the Olympics next year? How embarrassing.

Then again, it's not like I'm doing anything to drive page views. I gave up on that a long time ago. I guess I should be happy there are mechanisms in place to drive page views without any input, but I don't. Mostly, I feel plain old guilty, like I should still be updating this blog to offer people something fresh after a taste of staleness. But what to offer? The same old celebrity politics? Blogger musings? Pithy reviews?

I gave up on my dream of becoming a fulltime celebrity gossip queen after sampling a bit of the work environment and realizing it wasn't for me. Who can keep track of the lives of all these famous people, let alone spell their names right? I have problems just pronouncing their names. Heaven forbid I should fumble their name in an interview.

And the climate is so back-stabbingly competitive. Sometimes, I found myself plotting revenge scenarios over the least little slight. I thought being a lawyer was bad, but you should see how people vying for celebrity access treat one another. Better yet, you should see how celebrity handlers treat people vying for access. It's downright humiliating. I can't tell you how many times I was forced into paparazzi mode just to be able to fire off a question or two or shoot a video. Or how many times I called ahead for press credentials only to be denied access for lack of name recognition.

Oh, I'm so sorry Mrs. Stick-Up-Her-Butt, I didn't know I had to work for Vanity Fair or Vogue to get a press pass to your event, but don't you think you could squeeze me in, just this once? I'm only one little old person and I don't take up much space. You'll hardly know I'm there.

Click.

After a while, I thought what's the use of trying? I mean, it's not like I was paid a fortune to write these pieces. And yes, I can still spend hours culling the news for article fodder, but I no longer hunger for the dream, if you know what I mean. It's not as if it will ever lead to something amazing.

So, if I do continue updating this blog, it would only be as a hobby. And who has time for that?

Well, surprisingly enough, me. I do have a little free time on my hands, so why the heck not? I may not write as insightfully and meaningfully as I did before, but I can still rant about the state of the union or skewer targets in the public eye.

Besides, it seems like such a shame to let all this good blog traffic go to waste, not to mention wasting the possibility of finally having Google Ads pay out. I'm more than halfway there. With a heaping helping of elbow grease and your continued patronage, I can almost smell that $100 check at my door.