Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig sell the shirts off their backs for charity













So I'm twittering with Broadway.com the other day just for fun -- I love Broadway and like keeping up on what's happening. They decide to give tickets away! I lost the first time they did this but I won this time! Two free tickets to see two of the hottest names on Broadway -- Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman -- in the play A Steady Rain. My daughter and I hopped on the train, headed into the city and claimed our orchestra seats. The play was good and it was interesting seeing both Jackman and Craig without their accents in a play, not a musical, just the two of them, two chairs and their acting skills. Impressive.

After the show, Wolverine, er...Jackman (sorry can't help it) asked for a minute of our time for a good cause. And when Hugh Jackman asks for a minute of your time, well, you sit. Jackman and Craig were raising money for Broadway Cares, an amazing charity that fights AIDS and one that I fully support, and were selling autographed posters and playbills. Granted, I couldn't swing the $1,000 asking price, but I donated some money anyway because every bit helps.

Then they decided to auction off the shirts off their backs! Women screamed and the actors turned their backs to the audience and teased us with a quasi strip tease. They asked for an opening bid of $1,000 which would get the winner the shirts, personally autographed, and backstage passes to meet the actors and take pictures. Boy I wish I was richer! In less than 5 minutes, the actors raised $30,000 between three bidders who each bid $10,000 and the actors decided to give each of them something for their bids. Plus they earned whatever they raised with the posters and playbills. An amazing experience for everyone involved.

While I was waiting for the show to start, I read that Jackman's auctioned off things from other plays he's been in to raise millions for Broadway Cares. It's obvious that Jackman and Craig care. And we should too. (I saw Hugh Jackman do a strip tease 20 feet in front of me!!!!!!! Okay I'm calm now. No I'm not!!!!!!!)