My World is Beginning Today

Spent way too much time over the weekend reconnecting with family and some old friends. As a result, our usual Monday morning articles remain unready for posting.

But, hey, we've got a new logo, new tagline, some new subscribers, and a lot to look forward to in 2008. So as not to disappoint anyone dropping by at the crack of dawn (okay it's really 9:30 a.m., but on an extended holiday weekend, this is still way too early to rise), here's a trippy 70's-looking excerpt from that perennial holiday favorite, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. Some folks decided Woodstock hippie types must have produced this children's classic and I'm inclined to agree. The dots fanning out in tunnel-like fashion reminded me of a bad Laugh-In segue.

Viewers who recall that era's acid dropping techniques may enjoy a walk down nostalgia lane. The rest of you? Feel free to surf while I get my act in gear. Cheers!