The Fair Review

Joining a blog community is supposed to be a good thing. Increased exposure. New friends. Constructive feedback. I am only too happy to participate. I found what appears to be a good site, became friends with the first person I found loitering on my page, and instantly became part of a new community. What could be bad about all this?

Well, the jury is still out. Like the predecessor of Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark, perhaps I did not choose wisely. Although, right now, all I am saying is, “Give Rhys a chance.”

That’s right. My new friend, Rhys, hailing all the way from across the pond, recently launched a feature called, of all things, The Fair Review. In exchange for reviewing a suggested blog, I can submit my link to his directory and expect a prominent listing. What a magical idea. At least the way Rhys describes it.

Can this be true, Rhys? Because I have to say, the blog I reviewed wasn’t worth its own bandwidth. The best thing I can say is the pink design is good and…well…that’s about the best thing I can say. For starters, I couldn’t figure out the logo. And grammatically incorrect personal reflections of someone I don’t know and probably won’t have enough time to get to know do not appeal to me.

What would I do if I found a massive amount of money in my account? JK, right? At least give me a reason to waste time with these trivial musings. Inform me. Entertain me. Seriously consider an appropriately placed picture. But do something more than creative navel gazing. Rhys and company are too kind to you. Wake up and smell the java. A time to retool and a time to lay down. A time to turn, turn, turn, turn…

I don’t want to out the blog that belongs in a cheerleader’s palms. As the new kid on the block with much at stake, I’m already shooting myself in the foot. Thank goodness for friends like Rhys, or this blogger might not have anyone dropping by for tea and crumpets. My sincerest apologies, but don’t wait around for me.

Now that was an honest review. I’m ready for my listing now, Mr. DeMille.